50th Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas
by: Renee Michaels
A 50th anniversary gift commemorates a milestone most married couples wish to
reach. What can you possibly give a couple after 50 years of marriage? The most
meaningful wedding anniversary gift is one that comes from the heart: to express
your love and appreciation towards all that they mean to you, how their staying
married through the thick and thin of life has influenced you, to tell about the
warm and loving memories you shared with them throughout the years.
The 50th anniversary is commemorated by gold and the flower is violet. A gift
certainly doesn't have to be gold, wrap a gift in gold paper or paper decorated
50th anniversary gift ideas for the couple
- Keepsake personalized anniversary gifts, such as a photo quilt or pillow
- Monthly or quarterly lo-carb, dietetic or fruit gift baskets
- Restore their wedding photo and place in a gold frame
- Have a painting or caricature made out of their wedding photo
- As they probably don't cook for themselves as much, gift certificates to
restaurants would be appreciated
- A gift of theater or concert subscription tickets. Make them a patron
with VIP privileges
- The children can create a 50th anniversary keepsake journal gift. Ask
family and friends to write a paragraph or two to share a memory with their
parents. Or ask for a photo with the couple that the children don't have and
write a caption about it
- Instead of a guest book, buy a music box and fill it with messages of
love written on gold or handmade paper from family and friends
- Are they up for a cruise? Take them on a weekend or week long cruise.
They probably will enjoy sharing this vacation with others
- What could help them personally? Can you lease a car for them? Pay for a
kitchen or other home renovation?
- Do they golf? Pay for private lessons or a VIP membership at their
favorite club. Buy 2 clubs, have them engraved and then gold plated
- What hobbies do they enjoy? Give them gift certificates for a spending
spree at their favorite craft or hobby store
- Buy tickets to a favorite event and pay for their lodging and food
- Do they volunteer or have a favorite charity? Contribute to their
favorite organization. Find out if a plaque or some other special mention
can be made in their name
The best 50th anniversary gift for the couple is one that helps them to enjoy
life more. Many couples don't even want to receive gifts. Give a gift of your
time and help. Make up "Gift of Time" or "Labor of Love" coupons to take them
out to their favorite restaurant, make them a home-cooked meal, chauffeur them
on a shopping trip, run errands for them, take them to a show or movie, have a
local landscaping company take care of their property, have their home
repainted. Find out what will make a difference in the quality of their life.
Your love and attention will be the most appreciated 50th anniversary gift
you can give your parents or a couple. Make the time for those you love!
for a 50th Wedding Anniversary
Gift Baskets - Create Simple Easy Gifts For the Person Who Has Everything!
Find Jewelry Gifts
Find Gifts with your selection of
Specialgifts.com Infocenter Home
Copyright 2005-2013 Renee Michaels
Renee Michaels is an enthusiastic woman for all aspects of life and its
fullest enjoyment. She uses her design, writing and life skills to develop web
businesses. Do you need anniversary gift and celebration ideas? Visit LoveGifts
for gift ideas for your husband, wife, parents and friends.